What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a health care profession which provides services to manage and prevent a variety of physical conditions in order to maintain and improve movement and function throughout life.
Who is a Physiotherapist?
A Physiotherapist is a health care practitioner registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. A registered Physiotherapist must complete a University degree in an accredited Physiotherapy Program followed by successful completion of the written and clinical component of the Physiotherapy Competency Exam.
What conditions is physiotherapy recommended for?
- repetitive strain injuries e.g. tendonopathies, carpel tunnel syndrome
- poor posture
- neck pain, headaches, migraines
- low back and pelvic pain
- sports injuries
- frozen shoulder
- post-surgical rehabilitation
- pre and post-natal rehabilitation
- age-related changes e.g. osteoporosis, arthritis
- general cardiovascular fitness
- general strength conditioning
Physiotherapy Treatments Include:
- manual therapy
- exercise prescription
- therapeutic modalities